Whether you’re wearing a full face of makeup or going for a more natural aesthetic, no look is finished without a little light.
To even skin tone, blur imperfections, and enhance your features, The Neo- Lights Collection from Kevyn Aucoin is about to become your secret weapon. Just choose your desired finish, then follow these easy steps to achieve a range of skin perfection. From matte, to a soft glow, to amped-up strobing, read on!
- Use an angled brush to apply The Neo-Limelight.
- To achieve a soft glow to the skin, use the angled portion of the brush to pick up the lightest color of the palette and apply to cheekbones, browbone, bridge of nose and cupids bow.
- Achieve a “pinkish” hue to the cheeks, by applying the middle color of the palette. Pick up the right amount by using the center of the brush.
- To achieve a “lavender, opalescent” look, sweep the brush across the palette and apply on cheekbones or areas you want to add a lavender glow. Build powder for desired highlight intensity.
“Apply light to areas you want to bring forward.”
– Kevyn Aucoin
- To achieve a natural satin finish, use an angled brush and press The Neo-Highlighter into skin.
- Use your angled brush with the middle shade of the palette to create a soft translucent glow to the skin.
- Create a soft highlighted glow by finishing your look with one swipe of all three shades of The Neo-Highlighter. Use an angled brush and gently sweep the product across your cheekbones.
PRO-TIP: SEAL ANY LIPSTICK BY PATTING THE THE NEO-HIGHLIGHTER ON TOP OF YOUR LIPSTICK. BLOT WITH A TISSUE AND DAB ON AN ADDITIONAL LAYER. THIS WILL ADD A SUBTLE SHEEN TO THE LIPS AND MAKE YOUR LIP COLOR LONG WEARING.
- Use an angled brush to sweep through The Neo-Setting Powder and apply to the face for an all over ethereal glow.
- Swish the brush through the semi-matte part of The Neo-Setting Powder and apply to set makeup.
- Slide a tapered, flat-tipped brush through the middle to shiny side of The Neo-Setting Powder and apply to high points of the cheekbones, brow bones, bridge of nose and cupids bow for naturally highlighted skin.
PRO-TIP: USE AS AN EYESHADOW BASE, OR TAP ON OVER SHADOW TO CREATE A MORE SATIN OR MATTE LOOK.